Saturday, June 22, 2019

Spiritual Warfare

remaining strong in the faith


"For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of the world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." ~Ephesians 6:12...Growing up in my family's baptist denominated belief system, that all you have to do is repeat a sinner's prayer, and accept Jesus and have faith in what he did and you now have your ticket in heaven. Well based off of those simple instructions, everyone on Earth could go to heaven. It's literally so easy; I could still dable in my wordly, carnal ways that is contrary to God's word via the Holy Bible but because I said some prepared prayer asking for forgiveness followed by accepting Jesus, having faith that he died on the cross for all my sins, I'm off the hook and I can continue doing what I do right? NO! That is a lie from hell and when I actually started reading the bible, it debunked that theology. "What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein?" ~Romans 6:1-2...Now yes, we must have faith in what Jesus did on the cross at calvary. However, apart of that faith is ENDURANCE which is apart of the 5 Biblical Gospel Points. Endurance is key to the spiritual warfare that goes on in our everyday lives in Christ and how as Christians, we must be faithful and kill the flesh for God's will. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world." ~1Peter 5:8-9 

-----We are in spiritual warefare with not just the devil but also with our fleshly selves as we are prone to sin. Satan uses our mistakes and our personal lusts to taunt us into indulging in our fleshly desires. "Watch and pray, that ye enter not into temptation: the spirit indeed is willing, but the flesh is weak." ~Matthew 26:41...For me personally as of recently, the enemy has definitely been trying it...Earlier this week, as I was about to research something via Google, underneath the search bar there was an article headline about how Virgil Abloh (fashion designer in the industry) was looking for the next 'Virgil Abloh' (new and fresh fashion designer to enter the industry). In my mind, I started reminiscing  how I was getting there. How creative and insane I was when it came to fashion and my ideas and creations and I recieved great feedback and criticism with my debut collection and how I was going to out-do my first with the my 2nd collection and website; and how "Devan Devon" would have been the next big thing following in the likes of Virgil Abloh of Off-White and Jeremy Scott of Moschino. My mind started going off just thinking about it, knowing I was next up. The devil tried to convince me that it's not too late and how it's all still there for me but then I started coming back to my senses and remembered that though it's true, it's all temporary and only for a season. "Whereas ye know not what shall be on the morrow. For what is your life? It is even a vapor, that appeareth for a little time, and then vanisheth away." ~James 4:14 also knowing how the hollywood industry life is, it's definitely not worth it compared to knowing Christ and abiding with him. "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world and lose his own soul?" ~Mark 8:36...Also, the other day when I was on the bus, there was this guy who sat right by me and was blasting his music loud enough to where I could hear the beat through his headphones. I was very familiar with the beats that I was hearing and I knew that he was listening to my favorite musical artist of all time and when I glanced at his phone, the cover of his screen confirmed. My mind started going crazy playing the songs in my head though I was not physically listening to the songs, nor was I humming, nor was I moving my body or bopping my head. I haven't even actively listened to any music in a long time. Although i really do miss listening to music as it soothed me, and tickled my ears and feelings and mood very much, I cannot engage in that type of entertainent anymore. "Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God." ~James 4:4

-----Seeing all of my former passions displayed before me, physically wanting to go back but spiritually not wanting to and remembering that Christ redeemed me and brought me with a price, despite me not being worthy. Therefore, as fruit that I'm his, I must continue in OBEDIENCE & HOLINESS (which is also part of the 5 Biblical Gospel Points) and killing the flesh on a daily basis! Enduring until the end, setting my mind on the kingdom of heaven and the riches that are in rather the lusts of this life in this world. "If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. Set your affection on things above, not on the things on the earth. For ye are dead, and your life is hid with Christ in God. When Christ, who is our life, shall appear, then shall ye also appear with him in glory. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; forninaction, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:" ~Colossians 3:1-6 "And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man." ~Luke 21:34-36 "That ye put off concerning the former conversation the old man, which is corrupt according to deceitful lusts; And be renewed in the spirit of your mind; And that ye put on the new man, which after God is created in righteousness and true holiness." ~Ephesians 4:22-24 "I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God." ~Romans 12:1-2 

-----It is NOT an easy believe gospel that the baptist and all of the other denominations out there preach. "Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deciet, after the traditions of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ." ~Colossians 2:8...If it really were that easy, I'd still be wordly and there wouldn't be a need to be BORN AGAIN (which is also part of the 5 Biblical Gospel Points) in which Jesus said  you MUST be born again and he also said to strive! Striving is a reflection of enduring in the faith, not just 'accepting' and saying you have faith. "Jesus answered and said unto him, 'Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God.'" ~John 3:3 (Matthew Chapter 24) "'Strive to enter in at the strait gate: for many, I say unto you, will seek to enter in, and shall not be able.'" ~Luke 13:24...Do not be decieved people. We are most definitely in a spiritual warfare for our very souls and we only have one shot at this. For my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ, continue on and remember to kill the flesh and that though the road is straight and narrow, it'll be all worth it at the end; being gifted eternal life and reigning with Jesus for ever and ever!! That is far better than literally anything that this perverse, satanic world has to offer. "Jesus answered, 'My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.'" ~John 18:36 "Enter ye in at the strait gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth into destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it." ~Matthew 7:13-14 "He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels...He that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is New Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name...To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne. He that has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches." ~Revelation 3:5,12,21-22

----- for biblical truth and edification visit dontperish.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment